Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Touch

Midas' Touch, that is! Where I do appreciate the suggestion, myself and three other friends have decided to go in on this together and split the cost and the fruits of our labor as we brew a DFH Midas Touch clone.

The recipe, coming from Sam Calagione's book "Extreme Brewing," makes a 6 gallon batch of the Golden Elixir. Ideally, it will turn out at least something like the original. Should it not, we will have three cases of 9% abv. word-slurring fun. The way I look at it, is that it's worth a shot and is also a win-win situation.

If you have any pointers on brewing clones, or Midas Touch clones specifically, I'd love to hear them prior to Sunday!

Until then, I have 20 hours of work, a midterm, and a paper due, so no drinking for me. Enjoy one for me!

No comments: