Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It's been a while...

Sorry for the delay... I am in the process of transitioning from full-time work to classes and 30 hours a week of work.

So the Hefeweizen and the Chocolate Stout are bottled, leaving all of my fermenters empty. This troubles me, and I MUST BREW MORE! We currently have 4 different beers in the basement, totalling nearly 6 cases of beer. What a great feeling. I want to keep the inventory high, so it's time to do another one.

This is where you come in.... leave your suggestions here! I am open to try anything I haven't done yet. I was kind of thinking maybe a Saison, but like I said. I leave it up to you!

Since I have a 6.5 gallon carboy, friends of ours asked to borrow it to make a Midas Touch clone, so I suggested that we split the cost of the ingredients and go in on it together since it can be rather expensive, so we will be doing that shortly, which I look forward to.

I sampled the Hefeweizen last night and it tastes fantastic. A few more days and I think it will be perfect. The chocolate stout sampling is coming tonight, but I think it needs plenty more weeks in bottles, if I were to guess right now.

Anyway, I hope to hear back from all of you soon. I will update with pictures shortly.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Maybe a Cali Common? It's not too hoppy (so you can find them), should be very drinkable late Spring/early Summer, and make you work on temperature control as a project.

Otherwise Pale Ale, maybe a Rye Cream ale, or another Hefe.